Sunday, November 15, 2009
OWH Veterans Day Bloghop
While the 'hop' is now over, you can still visit the posts. The links in this blog post go to the individual bloghop posts (while their links in the posts lead to the latest post on that blog) so use the links to see what everyone posted for the hop. Prize offerings are no longer open, but leave comments anyway!
Welcome to the start of the BLOGHOP!
How it works:
- Bloggers signed up over the last few weeks, and agreed to all post about OWH today....a few cards they made, links back to our site, and talk about whatever they want about their participation.
- YOU get to go visit all the blogs! Each one should have a link to the following blog....if one does not, come back to this post and see the list at the bottom of this post - and pick up where you left off!
- Leave comments on the blogs! Everyone loves feedback on their work and writing. We encourage you to comment specifically on what you liked about it if you're able! Some of them are offering prizes/RAKs/blog candy, so read their instructions on how to enter.
- Join us on the OWH finale post — we'll have winners of five prizes drawn from all the comments left on that post!
For this hop, we have two cards to share....the first is an "AnyHero card" (with a note inside for a deployed hero), and the 2nd is a Valentine for a hero to send home to a sweetheart!
Click to go to the next blog!
Below is the list of blogs participating in the 'hop! Each of the links below is a "deep link" - so you can come back and look again to get the specific bloghop post later on if you remember an idea you wanted to see again!
We removed the links to the blogs who weren't able to participate.
31. Peggy Sue
59. Heather (yes a 2nd Heather!)
76. End of the hop!
Below are the initial instructions given for the hop.
The Bloghop details:
- Hop date: Nov 14th (Veteran's Day is Weds the 11th, so we're moving our celebration to the weekend to give us time to hop and be inspired!)
- Sign up by midnight on Nov 11 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, your blog title, and your blog's url, and let us know if you'll be offering a prize drawing on your blog. (You can change your mind later, this is just so we have a heads-up!)
- Blog posts can be set up ahead of time - however, please remember that your readers will get all confused if you say in it that the hop has begun. So it's best to set your post as a draft and not publish til it's time.
- On Friday evening Nov 13th, bloggers will receive an email from our bloghop email address with a link to the blog that follows theirs.
- On Nov 14 by 10am PST, post an AnyHero card (or a dozen!) and a Valentine card that you'll be sending to OWH. You'll also need to include a link back to the OWH homepage, the Homefront Blog (start of the Hop), and a link to the next blog after you. (See below for an easy list of things to include.)
- Feel free to add more to your blog post...something on the OWH page or blogs that you find interesting or inspiring, or a video, news article, a tutorial, or a story about your own family hero...whatever you'd like!
- Then join in the hopping! You'll want to check out the blogs, the hearts behind all these cards, and the prizes you could win just for leaving comments! (Not all blogs will have prizes.)
The short list of things to include in your bloghop post:
- Link to Operation Write Home - http://operationwritehome.org
- Link to Homefront Blog (start of the hop) - http://www.owhhomefrontblog.org/
- Your cards and any details you wish to share about them
- (optional) Anything from our website or Homefront or Hero Blogs that you find interesting/helpful, or your own story of why you support our nation's heroes. Videos, tutorials, photos, whatever you'd like.
- (optional) Any prize your blog is offering, and what people need to do to qualify.
- Prominent (ie large/bold) link to the next blog after you
Spread the word!
You can post right now on your blog about the coming hop to try to help us get even more bloggers involved! Check our Photobucket album to find graphics you can post in the sidebar of your blog.
Never blogged before?
Do you have questions we should address in this post? Leave us a comment and we'll edit this to add the info!