Friday, April 22, 2011
Scrappers: need your opinion
I'm doing a little research for a project, and need some help determining what would make a good scrapbook kit. Not a card kit. I'm consulting on a project for someone, and am coming to the crafty experts I know: YOU!
NOTE: I am not starting a scrapbook company (I have enough to do with OWH!), and this post has nothing to do with scrapping OWH. I am also NOT making anything off this consulting gig, and this is not for any scrapping manufacturer. If the project happens later, I'll tell you all about it - for now, I'm just doing research. You'd love what it's for, but I can't tell you that yet!
A lot of folks on our Facebook poll the other day said they'd bought a lot of kits that included a lot of papers/items that they'd never use, so they now shied away from kits and just purchased things specific to their needs. But I'd like to figure out if there's something that would be helpful.
I'd love the opinions of those who might be interested in scrapping something specific.....a kit for pages about an event or experience that you can't find materials for elsewhere. The kit would be all-inclusive, so you wouldn't need to purchase other materials for pages, but could always supplement from your stash. Some of the types of specific scrapping topics could be things like these below, though these are NOT part of the project I'm researching. I don't want to color your opinions with specifics of my idea, but these are the kinds of scrappy projects you might think of when answering the questions at the end.
- an event like a vacation cruise, including papers and stickers specific to, perhaps, the cruise line
- an uncommon hobby or pasttime, like whittling or bottlecap collecting - so it would include papers and embellishments to highlight those passions
- a faraway place/event that you were not part of, but were touched by - World Cup that your hubby obsessively watched on tv; natural disaster that touched your heart and you wanted to remember; your adopted child's home country
- a personal perspective that you want to journal, perhaps your feelings on an issue, or the impact someone had on your life - pages would guide the journalling by prompting with questions to complete, photo ideas, etc.
Perhaps some of you have wanted to scrap things like this, and wished materials were available.
Please leave a comment with your responses to as many of these as you have opinions on. You might want to copy/paste the questions into the comment box.
- Have you ever bought scrapbook kits? (not card kits)
- If yes, how much was in them?
Enough for how many pages?
What did it cost (approx)?
- Would you purchase a kit for something specific, like the examples provided above?
- What would you pay for a quality kit that had enough papers, stickers, and embellishments for about 5 or 6 pages?
Thanks so much for your input, ladies....I appreciate the input! Feel free to link to this post in scrappy forums to see if your scrappy friends (not necessarily cardmaking buddies) want to weigh in too.
Posted by Operation Write Home at 7:40 AM