Sunday, July 10, 2011
Important note about halloween cards!
- Remember that halloween is NOT a letterwriting season for many many people. Lots of our heroes are surprised that we even send them. So not everyone will write 5 or 10 halloween cards like they might for Christmas. Please don't work on them with the same fervor/quantity as Christmas!
- If you're an OWH regular, we'd love your help in keeping up with the general cards during the fall season. Our new folks won't know not to go wild on halloween, so we need your assistance in getting birthday, love, miss you, thank you, and general thinking of you cards into the boxes so we have something other than orange and black cards. :)
- PLEASE DO NOT USE SKULLS AND DEATH IMAGERY. If this happens to be the final card a family member receives from their loved one, that would be horrible pictures to have on the front. Please keep the cards as light and cheery as possible. We will not send skulls and crossbones.
- Also remember that during any holiday season, if you make lots of multiples of any design, make sure they get to us SEVERAL WEEKS before the deadline. It's really hard to mix them into all the boxes when they arrive in the last days before a deadline, since we may only have 2 or 3 moer going out by that time. Many may be saved for the following year if they arrive that late.
- Get creative with images, papers, and sentiments - use the cute witches and ghosts to make cards that can e used PAST halloween. Look at your card and ask yourself - could someone send this in November too? If so, you're good to go!
Posted by Operation Write Home at 7:11 AM